Make 2023 the Year of Sustainability
We all want to be more sustainable, but how do we actually achieve this? This year, we want to help you with your sustainability goals by providing you monthly tips and tricks on how to incorporate more sustainable practices into your daily life.
We believe that small changes make huge impacts. We also believe that each and every one of us has a responsibility to help protect the environment. Our grandchildren deserve to enjoy this beautiful planet as we have. So ask yourself, what can you do today to help out our tomorrow?
Below we’ve provided ways to build sustainable practices into your life for any level of eco-conscious warrior. Starting your journey today? Choose one practice from the “Starting Small” list and make a pact with yourself to do it at least twice a week. Build your practice by adding in more days, until you find yourself bringing a reusable mug to the coffeeshop every day of the week. From there, try incorporating a new practice, and so the routine continues.
- Bring a reusable mug to the coffeeshop.
- Switch to a reusable water bottle and try carrying it around to work, gym, and errands.
- Donate unwanted items in your house and closet to thrift store.
- Ditch straws.
- Buy bulk.
- Trade in online purchases for local shops.
- Walk or bike somewhere that you would normally drive to.
- Participate in a community clean up day.
- Take inventory of what you're tossing in the trash and recycling for one week. Can you find obvious waste that can be reduced?
- Review these lists of proper recycling practices: https://www.epa.gov/recycle/how-do-i-recycle-common-recyclables https://www.wm.com/us/en/recycle-right/recycling-101
Aventura Clothing employees participating in Truckee River Cleanup 2022.
- Renovating or upgrading appliances? Look for ones that save energy here: https://www.energystar.gov/
- Replace paper towels with cloth towels for both napkins and cleaning.
- Switch to organic foods and clothing.
- Bring your own reusable containers to restaurants to take leftovers home.
- Make a habit of putting your reusable bags, mugs, straws, and food containers in the car so you can continue to make sustainable choices daily!
Sustainability is a journey. There will be days you forget your reusable bags when you go to the grocery store. However, by trying to incorporate even just one of these practices into your life will have major impacts! Celebrate your little, daily victories with us on our Instagram and Facebook pages. We want to hear if you stopped buying eggs in a plastic container and if you had a ten-day no-straw streak.
Every little thing counts, so focus on the positive as your journey evolves.